Affirm does a “soft” credit check, which verifies the customer's identity but does not affect a customer’s credit score. Affirm's underwriting model does not use a hard credit check. There is no effect on a consumer's credit score when they apply for an Affirm loan.
Articles in this section
- What is Affirm?
- Why buy with Affirm?
- What is required to have an Affirm account?
- How does Affirm work?
- How does Affirm approve borrowers for loans?
- Does Affirm do a credit check, and how does it impact my credit score?
- Why was I denied financing by Affirm?
- Why was I asked to verify my identity?
- Why was I prompted to enter my income?
- Why was I prompted for my checking account?